60 Days with Rodan + Fields
Day 1 (December): After months of using prescription level medications from dermatologists
Day 60 (January): After only using R+F Unblemish Regimen
I’m not normally one to promote beauty products (because honestly, I don’t use hardly any), but since the beginning of this past summer I’ve struggled with extreme acne. As every adolescent has experienced, I’m sure, I dealt with the occasional break out throughout high school and college but was privileged to have relatively clear skin. However, it wasn’t until I moved to Ohio and started graduate school that my acne took a toll for the worst and became unbearable. For the first time in my life, my skin had started to impact how I felt about myself and my self-confidence.
I’m the type of girl who can go days without wearing make-up or get by just wearing mascara, but this stint of acne put a stop to all of my
skin freedom. This summer I was working out 2-3 times a day, coaching gymnastics in a facility without air conditioning, and completing an unpaid internship for about 35 hours a week. To add to my skin care nightmare, the water in Athens, Ohio isn’t drinkable in some places in the county. The water that comes out of the facets in my house is murky. We filter our drinking water but there isn’t a way to filter the water we bathe in (YUCK). Needless to say, I was either drenched in sweat or under tremendous stress the entire summer with gross water, and that combination usually does not fare well with clear skin.
After seeing different dermatologists month after month and packing my skin full of retinoids that merely dried out my skin, I had had enough. I’d been friends with my R+F consultant for almost 2 years at this point and she’d been nothing but supportive of my skincare habits (i.e. continually turning her down). After having enough failure and feeling debilitatingly self-conscious about how I looked, I shot her a text and gave in.
Within several days, I had my ‘Unblemish’ Regimen and was dedicated to making this work. After all, I had spent a pretty penny on this product, so I wasn’t going to leave room for user error. Within a WEEK, I saw results. My redness had decreased and I was having less breakouts. Within a MONTH, my acne was gone. I was kicking myself for not trying it sooner! For almost a year, I had tried every prescription medication under the sun for my skin and this product cleared me up within a fraction of the time.
I’m not naïve enough to ignore that fact that each product has pros and cons, so I’ll list those out for you below:
- Price. My regimen cost me about $160 + $19.99 (one time) to be a preferred customer. All in all, I was cutting it close to
around $200. As a poor graduate student, this was hard to swing (and definitely not a possibility for everyone) but because I had exhausted all other options, it was worth it.
- Time. The regimen can be time consuming at first. I was advised to apply mine twice a day (once in the morning and once at
night). For a girl who only used a face wash in the shower, this was more time than I was used to dedicating to my skin care. However, for most, this probably won’t be anything out of the ordinary for about a 5-10 minute skin care routine.
- IT WORKED. Obviously, the biggest benefit to using this product is that it was the only thing that seemed to clear up my skin
after trying prescription level medications.
- Length of usage. My products last for 3-4 months (I’m still using my first order!). No more running to CVS once a month for more
- I have my very own personal skin care consultant. Anywhere along the way, my consultant was available via text/phone call, social media, and email for me to ask questions and guide me on how to use my product. If my skin was feeling dry, she’d advise me to back off the amount I was using or recommend another product. If I wasn’t happy with results, she was more than happy to send me samples of other products for FREE if I needed something else to try without the commitment! Also, she’s the sweetest thing. So, I gained a friend through it all in the process. 🙂
- Free shipping. As a preferred customer, I get free shipping on every single order I place. $19.99 one time and done!
I could rant and rave about how much I love this company and these products for a thousand words, but I’ll let the products speak for themselves. Because of Rodan + Fields, I didn’t just get clear skin, I got my confidence back! People have noticed and complemented my skin on the obvious
change (even my dad who knows nothing about skin care – love you daddy!). I can go out of the house without make-up and not stress about what people see when they look at me. I feel free in my own skin and I won’t be switching products for a long time to come!
If you have any questions or want to start your journey to clear, confident skin, personally message me and I can get you started with a consultant! I'll also link the website here.